Start and finish dates: September 27th to October 24th, 2021
The online course Beyond an Advanced Introduction to Public Choice is offered by Institute for Political Studies and International Relations, Universidad Francisco Marroquín. In this course, Randall Holcombe, Professor of Economics at Florida State University, discusses “Public Choice.” This unique approach to politics is characterized by the application of practical lessons learned in the field of economics. Professor Holcombe treats important figures like Ronald H. Coase and James Buchanan, whose ideas can help us to better understand how and why individuals make political decisions.
Randall G. Holcombe is professor of Economics at Florida State University. Has a Ph.D. in economics from Virginia Tech. Holcombe is Senior Fellow at the James Madison Institute, a Tallahassee-based think tank that specializes in issues facing state governments. He served on Florida Governor Jeb Bush’s Council of Economic Advisors from 2000 to 2006, and is past president of the Public Choice Society and the Society for the Development of Austrian Economics. Is author of books and articles published in academic and professional journals. His primary areas of research are public finance and the economic analysis of public policy issues.
Universidad Francisco Marroquín’s online course offers a digital certification. Validate your achievement and increase your job opportunities.
- Fill out the form and send it.
- Upload your profile photo and your official ID (national identity card or passport in .jpg or .png format).
- Take the exam and send it. Certification is granted for a score of 70 points or higher.
- You will receive your digital certificate by email.
The digital certificate is not a degree, diploma, or official certification of pedagogical competence.
The course offers UFM students the opportunity to receive academic credit equivalent to 1 UMA.
- Send an email to both your department and firstname.lastname@example.org with the following data:
- Name and description of the course
- Name of the academic unit offering the course
- UMA value of the course
- Course program in attachment
- Verify that the course fulfills the requirements of your department.
- Enroll in the course via opencourses.ufm.edu or use the MiU page if you wish to obtain academic credit.
- Pay 1 UMA at the Banco Industrial branch office on the UFM campus or through Banco Industrial’s online system. The price of each UMA varies and is determined by UFM.
- Complete the course activities.
- Pass the course with a score of 61 points or higher on both the activities of the platform and the final paper. The final grade is calculated as follows: 50% for the platform activities and 50% for the final essay.
- Present a physical copy of the certificate along with your final score to your department.