Why do politicians make the decisions they make? How do voters decide whom to support in an election? Is it possible to improve the living conditions of citizens through public policy? These are some of the questions that both political scientists and citizens often ask themselves. Professor Randy T. Simmons will address these and other topics from the perspective of public choice in order to understand politics as it is, rather than as it should be.
Randy T. Simmons is the Charles G. Koch Professor of Political Economy in the Department of Economics and Finance at Utah State University and a senior fellow at the Property and Environment Research Center (PERC) in Bozeman, Montana. He is also the former mayor of Providence, Utah. His areas of interest include free-market environmentalism, property rights, and wildlife management. He is co-author of the book Beyond Politics: Politics, Market, and the Failure of Bureaucracy (Routledge, 1994). Professor Simmons has a Ph.D. in political science from the University of Oregon.
Universidad Francisco Marroquín’s online course offers certification for a fee of USD$60. Validate your achievement and increase your job opportunities.
- Fill out the form and send it.
- Upload your profile photo and your official ID (national identity card or passport in .jpg or .png format).
- Pay the fee of USD$60 with a credit card.
- Take the exam and send it. Certification is granted for a score of 70 points or higher.
- You will receive your digital certificate by email.
The digital certificate is not a degree, diploma, or official certification of pedagogical competence.
The course offers UFM students the opportunity to receive academic credit equivalent to 1 UMA.
- Send an email to both your department and email@example.com with the following data:
- Name and description of the course
- Name of the academic unit offering the course
- UMA value of the course
- Course program in attachment
- Verify that the course fulfills the requirements of your department.
- Enroll in the course via opencourses.ufm.edu or use the MiU page if you wish to obtain academic credit.
- Pay 1 UMA at the Banco Industrial branch office on the UFM campus or through Banco Industrial’s online system. The price of each UMA varies and is determined by UFM.
- Complete the course activities.
- Pass the course with a score of 70 points or higher on both the activities of the platform and the final paper. The final grade is calculated as follows: 60% for the platform activities and 40% for the final essay.
- Present a physical copy of the certificate along with your final score to your department.